Wednesday 25 January 2012

straya'


happy australia day!


Not going to lie - I’m one of the least patriotic people in the country (& there are plenty of parts of my culture & history that I'm not proud of), and what I really wanted to do today was drive on down to Canberra and celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Aboriginal Tent Embassy. But, alas - it wasn’t to be, and there are still plenty of things about my homeland that I love to love.

And in all, it was a pretty perfect Aussie day (except for the rain, and the lack of beach). Barbeque. Cricket. Poolside chats. Triple J top 100.


I’m super blessed to live here.



community entertainment.

visiting the beagle pups.

terrible bbq foods.

australia shaped shapes.

street cricket.

lazy newspaper afternoon.

cider.

tacky serviettes.

ready for greasy meat delights.

aussie day outfit.

green & gold donuts.

Australian friends and Aussie-wanna bee’s, how did you spend yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment