Thursday 14 February 2013

oh love.


Valentines Day.

In the words of Manny from Modern Family, “it’s the one time of the year where the world tries to be as romantic as I am every day Good luck world”.

I have to say I feel pretty much the same.

I love Valentines Day. I LOVE Valentines Day.

I don’t think you understand how much I love Valentines Day.

I’ve found, it’s like licorice. It’s either a love-it, or hate-it type of thing.

You never meet anyone who is like, “licorice? I’m impartial”. The same goes for my favourite holiday, and favourite day of the whole entire year.

I plan for over a month. This year? About 6 weeks in advance.

There’s the parties to plan, the bunting to make, the cards to create, the packages to send and the letters to write. I have to dye paper pink, bake, be creative and this year – make and edit a tonne of videos.

Yesterday, I was called “ridiculous” by more then one person, more then once.

And I really am. In one day I had two parties; a cute picnic brunch and a delicious dessert and coffee night, complete with candles, roses, peach ice tea, nutella by the spoonful and baked goods.

I think this is only the second year I’ve been in a relationship during Valentines Day – and both were long distance, so really neither count.

So it’s not the romantic love side of things that brings me so much joy. It’s really what Manny said, it’s really about the romance of life itself, of love itself.

I say why be grumpy about the day when you can choose to redeem it, to love everyone in your life – your family, friends, and those who feel alone. Why be sad when you can be a blessing, bring a smile to a couple, or more people. Just one.

It doesn’t have to be commercial, it doesn’t have to be forced, it doesn’t have to be expected; it can be surprising, joyful and genuine. And I LOVE it!!

I serve and a God who is love. He sets the example of sacrificial, undeserving and never ending love. There’s a day to celebrate love, so therefore a day to celebrate Him. I’m all about that.


 
 












perfect gifts!

my Valentines Day dress!

Happy Valntines Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment