Tuesday 15 January 2013

holes in dough make life amazing


No one goes to camp more then my brother.

It’s actually got ridiculous. It’s the fifteenth of January, and this is his second. And with the other brother moved out, that leaves me as an only child, and tonight – home alone.

Right now I should probably be sleeping, but instead I made bagels.

way too much beauty for me to handle right now.
As in baked bagels, from scratch. In my pajamas, on a whim. The house smells amazing, by the way.

Look out future house mates, I now make bagels.

I bake always, but especially when I’m really happy.

And my goodness, God has been good to me. God has been good to me, God has been good to me!

THANK YOU to those who have been praying for me, and standing with me during these strange times. I’ve sent many hurried emails, eaten a lot of hersheys kisses, and spent a great deal of time rolling around my room making pretend to-do lists and biting time.

But there is victory! In the form of employment, both here in Australia and (most likely and potentially) in the USA. There is step 1 of many (but still counts) victory in getting my visa. There is victory in preparing for camp next week (heart wise, health wise, motivation and time wise). There is victory in bagel baking.

Everyone come for breakfast!

(yes, I will be tired).

step 1: google recipe & gather.

2. One and one half cups of warm water with one dry yeast sachet and one tbs caster sugar.
Leave for 5 minutes to rise.

3. Add 4 cups of plain flour and 3tsp salt.

4. Knead for 10 (long and never ending) minutes.

5. marvel at your kneading skills.

6. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.

7. Break dough into 12 pieces, make a hole.

8. Boil 2L of water,  boil bagels for about 6 minutes.

9. Dry.

10. Put on tray and brush with milk and egg yolk.

11. Sprinkle with poppy and sunflower seeds.

12. Bake for 20 minutes and eat complex carbs
at all hours of the night!



No comments:

Post a Comment