Sunday 13 October 2013

calling Omaha home


Since this post, I've had a lot of people reach out to me.

Tell me it's normal, and they're sorry and asking if there is "anything they can do".

And I really do appreciate it, because it has been really hard. Very, very hard; some days. 

Hi, by the way.

I have been absent for a long time. I would like to say "I'm just too busy!" but really I'm just dealing with a whole lot of things. It's hard to write when I feel like I'm faking it. So sorry, but here I am. 

It's hard missing home, and it's something I haven't experienced in this capacity before.

My mum once told me, that when you let love into your life, you open yourself up to being vulnerable, and being hurt. I know that.

And Australia is very, very far away, and there is so much, and so many someone's, that I love there. And it's not very much fun, missing them. 

But, I'm here now. I'm going to be married. Marriage is the beginning of a new family, and 'home' will be wherever we are. That's exciting, but also hard to swallow.

God is teaching me so much right now - that even happy things can be difficult, and even exciting times, can cause a stress. 

On that note, I have wonderful parents. Truly wonderful, and I want to take this little moment in time to simply honour them (that's right, honour, with a 'u'. Like favourite. And colour.).

just re-dicovered this. My mum - chasing seagulls. She's wonderful.  
also re-discovered this... um. yep. 

I haven't appreciated them nearly as much as I should have until these past few years, but God really, truly and overwhelming has blessed me with them. Blesses me with them, every single day.

I can't think of two more loving, Godly, prayerful and humble people in my life. They embody what it means to live content, without complaint.

I love them, very, very much. I look up to them and am thankful for them. 

And this post is mainly for them. Because I promised, weeks and weeks ago - to show them. So here you are, mum and dad! My house. But, also I just wanted to say a big fat thank you, for everything you've done and given, provided and encouraged, over my past twenty two years. I am very grateful, and very thankful.

I've lived here for just over two months now, and I love it. 

So come on in and welcome, to my home.



it is never this clean.


longue room



what's a home without some pinecones and boules.

outside deck chair.

not real.
another American obsession I simply can't understand.
Pumpkins. Vegetables as decorations? As a flavour for your coffee?
If you say so.


my keys: work, home, car, Luke's house.
my key chains: Africa, and from my closest childhood friend.

dining. fridge. doors to garage/ basement.





oh hey.
my bedroom.
at least 18 more feminine then ever before.
for butthead.

my nook.





the answer to your question is chalk board paint and rope.













No comments:

Post a Comment