Thursday 18 April 2013

mafia, pillow forts and socks that don't match.

So, there is a lot of reasons why I love my church.

Church is people gathered in the name of Jesus Christ. I love that.

I love that I have grown up there, that I serve there, that I feel loved and comfortable there, and that I've been so supported there.

I've been attending since it began, when I was just a tiny little girl, and we all met in somebody's living room. Since then, it has grown, as have I; and me, and the church, have grown up together.

I've been on countless camps, been a part of the youth group forever, served as a leader for something like eight years, I've been part of home groups, and growth groups, and Bible Studies. I've held and attended fundraising events, taught creche and Sunday School, been supported in Scripture teaching and mission trips, and I was even employed there, for just over two years.

It was there I learnt to be a public speaker, a world-focused Kingdom agent for change, and a member of a loving, active community. It's the reason I have people of so many generations speaking into, and investing into, my life. That's invaluable to me. Knowing mothers, grandparents and kids is awesome. There are A LOT of reasons why I love my church. 

And I think last night epitomised that.

Tonight, I'm planning on eating a quiet dinner on my floor and watching Survivor with my brother, with an early night. Tomorrow, I graduate, the next day , I'm having a going away party, and the next day; I leave for the adventure of a lifetime. I feel like this is the last moment of quiet I have, before the storm. This week has been all about goodbyes, and packing, and each day has seemed like a whole long week. 

But last night, as a goodbye to me - my bible study converted the whole downstairs of a house into a blanket fort. We then sat inside it, ate junk food, and played mafia. In honour of me, everyone wore odd socks - because I always wear odd socks, and it was so wonderful, and I felt so loved.

There really is nothing like being a part of something bigger, and more important then yourself.

I don't think anyone ever has an excuse, no matter how old you are, not to build a blanket fort.

Countdown: 2 days.




















No comments:

Post a Comment