Tuesday 14 August 2012

103.2


What it is about hearing your own voice? I can’t stand it, really.  I get embarrassed that everyone has to hear that voice of mine, every time I open my mouth. I apologise! It’s awful, and I think I say “um” about fifteen times a sentence. But this morning, I got the time off work, I made sure I was back from my run, sucked it up, and sat by the radio – ready to hear what I’d already said.

The whole thing kind of reminds me of this part in my favourite movie. The best movie of all time:



Just like when I was the medal bearer at the closing ceremony of the Arafura Games. Just like when I was standing at the open end of child birth in a Papua New Guinean hospital. Just like when I hopped on the plane from New York, bound for Africa, I sat this morning, and couldn’t help but ask myself, how am I on radio? how do I get myself into these situations?

In think God thinks it’s funny that I’m an introvert, and don’t like public speaking. He’s certainly been stretching that muscle of mine.

But, what an incredible opportunity!

Getting my blog, and my photos plugged? I just don’t understand how these things keep happening! (answer being God).

But I’m thankful, so thankful. And so, in light of that, here’s a few of my African favourites, the very ones I talked about. Some repeats, some new. But each remind me of the people, memories and personalities behind and within them.

Each and every precious one!





































































 Now I just need to pick 12 for a calendar. Any requests?

No comments:

Post a Comment