Friday 29 March 2013

22 in 23



As far as people go, I wouldn’t describe myself as very materialistic. I never really want anything for my birthday, and I use things to death. I’ve never changed my pillow (gross), my running top has holes in it, as do most my shoes, and you can only see about 1/3 of my iPod screen. I just don’t believe that stuff makes you happy, and in a world where so many people have so little, more material stuff generally brings me more guilt, then more joy. 

I hate shopping, unless it’s food shopping, and the thought of more stuff, more clothes, more things, more products; makes me a little bit sick. I would be perfectly happy to live out of a suitcase, and I did once; for three glorious months, with a couple of pairs of clothes, no makeup and no bedding.

oh PNG.
 
some casual hand washing.
And after spending a lot of these past few months in other peoples houses, between nannying and cleaning, I’ve come to the conclusion that minimalist is better, and less is more.

BUT, in 20 something days I am packing the last 22 years of my life into 23kg’s of baggage, and as I think about that, and think about what will, and won’t make the cut – there are some things, if I’m honest with myself, that I will surely miss.

I am an ABUNDANTLY blessed individual, who is just not thankful enough for all the good and perfect blessings that surround my life. Physically, materially, and spiritually, I am blessed.

So, more for my own processing then anything else, here’s a few little gems from home that won’t make the cut.

aussie food.
bread and cereal without sugar. weetbix. unprocessed goods.
fresh fruit. mangoes. milo. 
pictures of my boogaloo.

this calander.

a huge one. my tripod.

basically this entire wall.

my mama Africa painting.

amazing Australian weather.

I have a thing about mugs.
my mug collection.

my books.

running hand weights! another major one.

I have to choose between my Bibles. 

old?

or new?

my excessive perfume collection.

my tea cup.

Harvey.

my favourite commentary.

donna hay collection/ recipes galore.

my room.

Africa ceramics.

this seattle jumper.

life saving shoes.
with heat packs in the bottom. 
my dress up collection.

these boots.

dubs.

the only product that tames my crazy curls.

a lifetime of photos.

more mugs.
I have an obsession.

DVDS

my key chains.

MY SNUGGIE!

the most comfortable thing in the world/ my duck onesie

my cute writing paper collection.

There's a small part of me that will miss all these things, but you know what? Who cares. I'm on a love adventure! In four weeks nothing, except my relationship with Christ, will be the same. New country, new culture, new people, new job, new house, new car; new everything. New stuff. Change is the only constant. And that's the way I want to live my life, loving people, not inanimate things. 

Stuff? I say leave it.

Love adventure? I say bring it!

Happy Easter everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment