Monday 24 June 2013

I'm in love with a woman.

I have only read an ounce of this book, but I'm already madly and truly in love with this woman.



With her God, and the purpose and passion He has given her. 

I'm in love with her legacy, her words, her blog, her story and her contagious inspiration.

Why?

Here's an example;


"The truth is that the 143 million orphaned children and the 11 million who starve to death or die from preventable diseases and the 8.5 million who work as child slaves, prostitues, or under other horrific conditions and the 2.3 million who live with HIV add up to 164.8 million needy children. And though at first glance that looks like a big number, 2.1 billion people on this earth proclaim to be Christians. The truth is that if only 8 percent of the Christians would care for one more child, there would not be any statistics left"



And never fear, I am still writing. After a sort of sabbatical, my own book is slowly but surely coming along. 

For example, I wrote this paragraph today:

"This morning it happened, what I have been waiting for for days in this hot, humid place. I woke up with an absolute urgency, and two strict choices before me.
1.    I needed to go to the toilet, right then, or
2.    I was most definitely going to poo my pants
Leaving any sense of decency behind, I ran, with my mostly see-through sleep wear to the bathroom, barefoot, down the hall and made it just in time to explode the content of my gut into the toilet bowl. There’s nothing quite like that feeling of sweet, bowel release. Point being, even though I’m not in Deli, I have Deli belly, and I have spent the day inside, mostly sweating, leaking and feeling sorry for myself."


Bet you're excited to read it now right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment