Monday 14 May 2012

God is great, beer is good & people are crazy.



Listening to country and cruising down the Washington and then Oregon coast, this past 5 day 'weekend' was for sure, one of the best ever. It was a week of firsts. For one, first time in Oregon – I’m a major fan. Portland, for the whole hour I spent there, is by far one of my favourite favourites. I had a doughnut, covered in oreo’s and peanut butter, because I’m American, and strolled the beautiful night-light shores. Portland has character, and I’m a little bit smitten. 

late night best.
because 24 doughnuts are amaze!
pretty no?!
Had my first real Mexican food, and my first fake Mexican food (aka: taco bell, where – Australians – I had a taco wrapped in a Doritos shell. Genius). And whilst I’m on a food roll I also tried frozen custard, and fried asparagus, and Chipotle, and salt water taffy, and Tillamook cheese, and a latte, and a frappachino, and whipped cream vodka, and my personal favourite; chocolate covered bacon, all for the first time. Needless to say this week is all about detox for me. But my stomach loved it, not going to lie.

the real stuff.
the fake (& yet amazing) stuff.
frozen custard: still not really sure what this is.
mmmm mornings.
whipped cream. bizzare!
bacon on the inside, chocolate on the outside.
deep fried asparagus.
oh boy.
taffy. again, still not really sure what it is. and oh, this is Chris.
Went to Vancouver (not Canada) for two days, went on two amazing hikes. They were stunningly perfect, with rainbow bellied forrest views, chipmunks, waterfalls a plenty and heaps and heaps of wild flowers; making for some pretty perfect photo opportunities. Tried my hand at pottery. Like most creative arts, I wasn’t very good at it. Still though, super fun.

outstanding Oregon.
weather perfections!!
!!
maybe moss?
non Australian trees.
forrest.
there she is.
ten trillionth waterfall.
0% talent, 100% enthusiasm.

Sort out Washington and Oregon signs, to pose with my Orange HOPE beanie. Where have you beanie?! Grab one of these bright Orange babies and take it on your next trip! You could win the prize. The prize of winning.


represent!
not going to lie. I look hairless.
Then on to Seaside Oregon! Two wonderful, legitimately warm days of beach fires, camp potatoes, sleeping in, salt water taffy trips, tourist times, sunsets, starbucks, starbucks, starbucks, sourdough pancakes, driving, and my absolute personal favourite; not doing school work, and enjoying that fact on the beach. 

colder then cold.


just keep looking.

it's a  good one.
so, so, so, so, soooo surreal.
!!
Came home Sunday, saw my first raccoon (it was dead on the side of the road. Not sure how I feel about that), explored a town I can never remember the name of, hugged a big fat tree and fell in love with this song:



It was great, so great. And I am happy, real happy.


towny town.
road tripping, one of my many happy places.
fattie.
Vancouver.
yelling & nearly killing us.
Now back to school for my final few weeks, time is flying. Too, too fast. 



I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment