Monday 7 May 2012

oh just being a tourist.


You know what’s the best thing ever? Campfire smell.

Most people avoid it like the plague, run away from floating ‘white rabbits’ and wash their clothes and hair religiously, as soon as they get home. Not me. I’ll bask in smoke, and follow it, and stand around a fire for inappropriate lengths of time to get that delicious smell into what I’m wearing. I’ll go home and not wash my clothes for days. If there were a deodorant, or a perfume with that smell – I would buy it. I love love love it. It smells like nature and adventure and being outside.

And that pretty much sums up my weekend; aluminium wrapped potatoes, smores, bus convoys, tourists, photos, sunsets, capture the flag, hiking and American football. I went camping with 50 odd other international students, and it was wonderful – freezing – but wonderful. I “slept” in 3 pairs of pants, every sweat shirt that I own and in a thermal sleeping bag, and still; I spent the night shivering and basically sleepless. It was wonderful though, I’m built to camp and it’s my element.

I’m a little behind in sleep and school, and I’m off again on adventures around the state this week too; and today – I’m a little home sick – but overall it was fun. This state is beautiful. God did good with this one.

something traditional and important.

because manual focus is my fave.

they call it kick ball. i call it American.

Deception Pass - our camp sight. stunning.

reflection perfections.

& there I am among the weeds.

hello lake.

& shoes.

afternoon delights.

moon water reflection.

my "frrrriicccck im cold face". coupled with my "havent seen a mirror in a day" hair.

fish heart. it kept beating for minutes. weird.

sunset reflection shot 1 of ten bajillion.

2.

3.

soooooo beautiful.

i think this looks like an emu egg. it doesnt at all. google it.

beach!

sea friends.

i take a lot of feet photos. i also always, always have odd socks.

DEER. the happiness this bought me was unprecedented.

a terrible light house.

i love this photo.

pretty! & sunny.

fort something.

practicing my new passion: football.

learning. failing. trying and improving! (slowly)

deception pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment