Wednesday 20 June 2012

body clocks & curly locks


Two weeks and five time zones has left my body a little bit confused. I’ve managed to make my way from one side of this wonderful country to the other. Currently sitting in Philadelphia. Three months, almost to the day, has gone by fast – and yet so much has happened – it’s been one of those super slow, super great experiences. There’s been too much to process and summarise, and now – when I’m getting ready for adventure part II, I don’t really know how to think about it. But, I’ve been to Nebraska – Chicago, briefly and now Philadelphia. Tomorrow New York, the day after Africa.

The past two weeks have been very emotionally charged. Catching up with a certain someone in Nebraska again – going bowling, to the zoo, to the baseball, to outback steakhouse, to the pool, eating plenty – and then back to Pennsylvania, where I first visited and fell in love with the USA. I’m staying with my best friend from Primary School, haven’t seen her in ten years, and it’s been wonderful and surreal catching up and hanging out, having the chance to finally chill, and home cook meals, and reminisce, and prepare a little for what’s to come.

I have a lot of flying and cultural changing to do. It’s time to be bold. 

laundry.
so much laundry.

PA.

Philadelphia.

the Irish.

something pretty.
something famous.

after about 2 minutes of me being there.

coffee & old friends!
a grouse combination.

down town Philly.

& Nebraska.

because it's out of order.
and we're great.

yeah.

boi.

x

a bajillion!

jellies.

&&& again.

bluurrry.

butterfly moved.

in my natural habitat.
hair needs a major cut.

& back to Philadelphia. This is Sophie!

& this is real food.
finally.

it's all about the mug for me.

Amen.

12 years later.

with great smiles.

& disposable flawless goodness.

2 comments: