Tuesday 12 June 2012

Colorado


The lady who scanned my boarding pass told me to have a good trip. I said “you too!” and we had an awkward moment. My flight clothes (wisely chosen) were my one and only pair of jeans, my college sweat shirt, and what I like to call my “snow boots”. Pretty much the heaviest and warmest things that I own. After about 33 seconds of arriving in Colorado, I regretted my choice. For the first time since arriving in this country, my wardrobe is actually justified – and I’m not the only one sporting short shorts and a tee.

Arrived on Saturday and left on Tuesday, a quick, fabulous little trip to Pagosa Springs Colorado, a little town that looks like it was ripped right out of a Western movie. It was wonderful, refreshing, and I got to spend some cherished, quality time with a wonderful YWAM friend, her fiancé, and her four month old; who just happens to be the cutest baby in the whole wide world. We hiked, we ate out, we went to a blues and folk music hippy festival, we soaked in natural hot springs (and smelt like rotten eggs accordingly) and best of all; we caught up and hung out and got some good quality d&m  time. I went for a run yesterday morning and coming home got horribly lost, I ended up having to be driven around by a nice, Colorado cowboy who laughed at me and dealt with me as I puffed and questioned, “they live somewhere near a lake!” (there are several) and, “their street starts with a C… I think”. I spent a lot of the trip dusty and dirty and kind of unable to breathe (something about altitude), but it was wonderful and relaxing and just what I needed post-Seattle, a home, some time to chill, people who know me well, and a darn cute little baby.

I also became quite attached to a certain chip-munk. And everyone knows life doesn’t get much better then that. 

This is Ashley! She is wonderful!

& this is Shiloh!

the greatest baby in the whole wide world.

& I love her dearly.

& she has the most amazing eyes. like her mumma.

festival.

four mile hike.

my chipmunk friend.
pretty!
sun!

Pagosa Springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment