Wednesday 20 June 2012

on a jet plane.


I don’t speak the language. I don’t speak the language and I’m packing. The straightener is going away, the makeup bag is going to remain sealed, the full length skirts are making the way to the top of my suitcase, and malaria pills are being added to my daily diet. I’ve got the sunscreen, the insect repellent, the overweight bags and the pre-travel jitters. I’m excited. I’m nervous. And tomorrow? I’m going to Africa. 



I'm pretending that listenting to this song on repeat is preparing me:




I’m not really sure what to expect. I don’t know what my days will look like, what my life will look like, or what I’ll see and learn, and how I’ll feel. I don’t know about my internet and blogging situation but be assured, I’ll be working on things and taking – as per usual – way too many photos.

I’m in the air and globe trotting, I’m finally going to AFRICA! It’s happening. It’s here.

Watch this space!

washed.
& ready to fit in an impossibly small bag.

fb ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment