Sunday 10 June 2012

the last 7 in Seattle


Seattle, it’s been fun. Eleven weeks in which I’ve travelled to three states and two countries. I’ve successfully completed a quarter of American college, wrote a screenplay, handed in 6 papers, survived living in a dorm room, and a rugby toga party. I’ve tried pickles and red vines and twizzlers and root beer and hersheys and reeces and pha and lucky charms and mike & ikes and taco bell and chocolate covered bacon and salmon and bagels and fudgesicles and peanut m&m’s and twinkies and clams and mint oreo’s and  pudding and ketchup chips and tim hortons and bubble tea and milk duds and snapple and froyo . I’ve chased deer and squirrels and racoons and fox’s. I’ve seen snow for the first time, been camping – twice, been on two road trips, and attended two church’s. I’ve posed in a duck suit, shot a gun, learnt to say ‘sweat shirt’, and I’ve become addicted to Starbucks, and coffee and MTV’s ’16 and pregnant’. I’ve played dominion and canasta and American football. I’ve been to Walmart and Costco and baseball and Mount Rainier National Park. I’ve been infected by the flu bug and the travel bug. I’ve baked, made beach fires, taken a zillion photos, been to some famous graves, and fallen a little bit in love.


salmon & spaetzle

the cheesecake factory. love.

dinner & a view!

Seattle.

Columbia Tower & Starbucks & Quiet Time with the Big G.

my bffl.

clams all ready for my first ever clam chowder.

& fancy delicious sandwich I can't remember the name of.

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

third from the top, right hand side. yeah.

bringing a little Orange HOPE action.

& there it shall stay.

live in Seattle? You should go.

space.

museum of flight.
& the best pose of all time.

me.

German.

after two months of careful construction, my wall is complete!

duck day stop 1.

this is Anna. she is great.

Mars Hill.

high up kisses.

1.

2.

3.

& 4.

The final seven days in Seattle have been kind of surreal. I finished finals a week before everyone else (nerd), and so I’ve been mostly entertaining myself and crossing things off my tourist list. Went up the Columbia Tower and the Space Needle, went to the Museum of Flight and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, explored Down Town, got lost, ate Mexican food, shared some Tim Tam slams, climbed a snowy mountain peak, searched for Mountain Lions, drank root beer floats, sunburnt my eyes (didn’t even know that was possible), went to church, baked, explored a garden or two, got late night ice cream, packed up my life here, shipped some box’s home and ran completely out of American money. Driving to the airport at 2am this morning, the sadness of leaving made me feel a little sick (possibly in combination with the frozen donut I was consuming at the time), I’ve met some great and influential and special people that I’m really, really going to miss. I’m going to miss Seattle too, my wet and chilly city. 12 hours of travelling and 3 plane trips later (one of which was unexpected – the right engine of my plane decided not to work) I arrived in Durango, Colorado and I’m here for the next 3 days. Then back to Nebraska, onto Philadelphia, New York and then Africa. I’ve learnt a lot about life, myself, God, and my place in this glorious, messy world. 

Seattle; I approve. And miss you already.

Mount

Rainier.

National.

Park.

!!


stunner!
snow!!!!

& myself.

& my smile.

& the view.

& duck suit times.

& this is Nick.

& this is my snow ball.

& these are tennis shoes.
not appropriate for the snow.

& this is great!

& this is a fox.

& this was on the way home.

& this is root beer.

& this is cute.

& this is UW.

No comments:

Post a Comment