Tuesday 17 April 2012

Nebraska


In Seattle, when I tell people I’m from Australia (if they can’t already tell by what I wear or how I talk), their response is usually always, “what are you doing here?”

Not in a rude way, but in a ‘why would you leave your country’, where everyone is clearly bronzed and babin’ – ‘to come here’ kind of way, the place of rain and skin so white its internationally famous.

every single Seattlite.
 And then, when I told people I was going to Nebraska for the weekend, and Omaha at that, they looked at me again. “Why are you going there? Of all places…” There were jokes about corn and football. I didn’t understand. 

Nebraska!! 

I went to Nebraska this weekend, which – for you Australians, isn’t too near Seattle. It’s in the middle of the country and isn’t exactly on the tourist map. I was promised corn, didn’t see any – but regardless, had a great four day weekend. Not only did I add two more states to my growing list (Pennsylvania, New York, Washington D.C, Marylands, New Jersey, California, Washington State and now – Nebraska and Iowa), but I got to catch up with an old, and wonderful friend. 

  
Three years later, this is Luke.
 Caught a flight at 2am. Went to i-Hop. Saw Titanic, 3D. Visited an Egyptian mummy. Went to a formal. Rode in a pretty yellow corvett. Played paint ball. Drove on the right hand side of the road. Got fat. Sheltered from a tornado. Stood in two states at once.

2am flight. waiting for check-in. hating the am.

I've missed you iHop!

Ah-merry-kah.
Titanic! 

museum.
working it.
that car!!
fat.

:)
a walk to remember.

I like you Nebraska, let’s be in touch.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you like Nebraska... because Nebraska LOVES you, Bec!!!

    ReplyDelete